Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Tears ... of joy?

It's milestone time again for Riley. This morning I put her down in her crib so that I could hop in the shower real quick. When I got out of the shower she was awake and crying. I went into her room to get her and to my surprise, there were little tears rolling down her cheeks!! It broke my heart to see her look so sad! Crying up until this point - without tears - sounded sad but never really looked sad. I quickly looked up 'tears' in my "What To Expect the First Year" book and sure enough, tears start being produced somewhere around week 3, which we're smack dab in the middle of!

Riley isn't the only one crying tears today. I know rough days will come and go, so I take this with a grain of salt, but everyone who has said it before is so right - being a mom is one of the hardest jobs you'll ever have. I love, love, love my daytime time with Riley, but handling everything else PLUS a newborn is a daunting task and can get overwhelming at times. I didn't have difficulty today handling everything that I wanted to get done (tidy up the house, do a couple loads of laundry, put clean laundry away, make the bed, have dinner on the table when Kevin walked in the door ...) ... but ... I don't know ... this evening has been tough on me. Tomorrow is a new day - and will be a better day.

0 hugs and kisses: