Friday, February 6, 2009

2-Month Well Check

Today Riley had her 2-month well check appointment. Going into it I wasn't sure if she was going to receive her vaccinations or not, due to the cold she is currently getting over. She had improved enough, though, that Dr. K said there was no medical reason not to give them - it just came down to whether I wanted her to have a little more discomfort today or sometime next week. I decided that since she wasn't feeling all that great right now, might as well get it over with, hoping that next week she just feels fabulous all around!


Getting her shots went just as I had imagined: she cried and I cried. Her cries only lasted about 5 minutes, though. She's a tough little girl! This picture was seriously taken just about two hours after the shots were given.






Now here we are, three hours later, and she still hasn't crashed! I thought we'd get a real good nap in as a result ... not the case! Instead, she is cruising in her new glider that I picked up at the store last night - she loves it! It's the Fisher Price Soothing Motions Glider ... and I highly recommend it! I first saw it a couple week ago at our friend's Kelly and Frank's house and knew Riley had to have it right then and there! Babies R Us no longer carries it, though, and Fisher Price has discontinued it. I was lucky to snag the last one at Baby Depot (Burlington Coat Factory) last night!





I digress ...


At today's appointment she weighed in at 10lb 10oz. I got a little worried at first, seeing as how she weighed 11lb 4oz at the appointment just a few days ago. However Dr. K quickly reminded me that at today's appointment she was weighed only in her diaper and that would make that much of a difference. No worries, then! This weight puts her in the 50th percentile!

She is also 22.5 inches long, putting her in the 50th percentile for height! Her head circumference is 38cm and that puts her in the 25th percentile. Our little miss has a small head! Dr. K said that was nothing to worry about, though - that she is developing wonderfully! And oh - did I tell you that she slept 8 straight hours last night?!

0 hugs and kisses: