I've come here several times to share the news, and last fall's miscarriage still haunts me and makes me hesitant to get too excited. But at this point I am 15 weeks along and have to let myself relax and trust that this baby is here to stay!
So, to answer the common questions that come along with such news:
- What is the due date? December 27th, 2010
- Will you find out the gender? Of course; we're impatient.
- Do you have a gut feel one way or the other? Nope! I've had a few dreams in which the baby is a girl, but that hasn't made me feel more strongly in that direction.
- What are you hoping for? Aside from the obvious (Healthy baby and safe delivery), I am really torn! Half of me pictures another girl because I can completely see Riley growing up with a sister close in age, playing dress up and having tea parties. Plus, taking care of a girl is all I know, so it is familiar and comfortable. But the other half of me wants the experience of a son ... I just feel at this point that I'd have no idea how to take care of a boy! :)
- Do you have things ordered? Not yet. I can't help but laugh, but I was looking at my pregnancy journal from the first time around. At 16 weeks, the nursery furniture arrived. That means we ordered at about 6 weeks! We haven't even looked at furniture together yet! (I've looked and think I've picked things out, but want Kevin's agreement.)
And my sweet Riley? She has no idea. I tell her at night that Mommy has a baby in her belly. She'll look at me with a questioning look and ask, "Baby?". I tell her "Yes, baby" and then she pulls my shirt up excitedly - but then I think she is disappointed, as she expects to see a baby or baby doll right there. She'll get it eventually. :)